Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul boxing fight postponed, new date to be announced next week

Mike Tyson’s highly anticipated heavyweight boxing match against Jake Paul has been postponed.

In a statement, the fight organizers revealed that the decision was made after a consultation with medical experts on Thursday, who concluded that Tyson had an ulcer.

The successful fight was scheduled for July 20 in Arlington, Texas. It is expected to attract huge viewership on Netflix as the player will stream the match.

UFC 302: MAHACHEV VS POIRIER | SUN JUNE 2 | Order now with Main Event on Kayo Sports. The main event on Kayo Sports and Foxtel is the exclusive home of UFC Pay-Per-View.

Most Value Promotions (MVP) said it was “recommended that Mike Tyson do minimal to light training for the next few weeks and then return to full training without restrictions”.

“Both Mike and Jake agree that it is only fair to ensure that both athletes have equal training time to prepare for this important match and that they can compete at the highest level,” MVP said in a statement.

“Athlete health and well-being is our top priority and we fully support Mike taking the time he needs to perform at the level he expects of himself.

“Mike is expected to return to his full training schedule in the coming weeks and is very much looking forward to getting back in the ring. MVP anticipates rescheduling the match at the end of the year at AT&T Stadium, and we look forward to an exciting and well-prepared contest between these two outstanding athletes. The new date of the match will be announced by next Friday, June 7.”

“We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time and wish Mike a peaceful recovery.”

Tyson, 57, said his body is in great shape and vowed to return to full training soon, hitting Paul in the process.

“I want to thank my fans around the world for their support and understanding during this time,” said the heavyweight boxing icon.

“Unfortunately, due to an ulcer flare-up, my doctor advised me to reduce my training for a few weeks to rest and recover.

“My body is generally in better shape than it has been since the 1990s and I will be back to my full training schedule soon.

“Jake Paul, this may have bought you some time, but in the end you will still be knocked out and out of boxing forever. I appreciate everyone’s patience and I can’t wait to deliver an unforgettable performance later this year.”

Tyson tweeted earlier this week: “I feel 100% now even though I don’t need to be to beat Jake Paul.”

The former champion is said to have had a medical emergency during this week’s fight, while footage of Tyson’s training continues to haunt boxing fans.

There was speculation that Tyson and Paul would wear headgear in the exhibition bout, but the bout was cleared as a professional bout.

Paul, 27, said he would be ready to fight Tyson when they finally step into the ring together.

“I fully support postponing the event so Mike Tyson has no excuses to come fight night,” the YouTuber said.

“My fans know I don’t want to face Iron Mike at anything other than his best, but make no mistake – when he steps in the ring with me, I’ll be ready to claim my W with a sensational finish. Paul vs. Tyson will be a match for the ages and I promise to give my best for this once-in-a-lifetime match.”

Leave a Comment