TV anchor steps down after being catfished by ’predator hunters’

A married TV host has quit his job abruptly after being accused of sexting someone he thought was a 15-year-old girl, only to discover it was a trio of “predator hunters”, reports say.

Bill Lunn, 59, who was the news director and key broadcast person at KTBS in Louisiana, arranged to meet at his home during lunch on May 29, supervisors told NBC6 News.

He called the police when three men arrived – claiming the men had beaten him and tried to steal his truck.

However, amateur detectives – Antonio Coleman, Kameron Kennon and Kataurio Grigsby – waited for the officers and told their side of the story, New York Postreported.

They turned over what they said was a trove of evidence proving Lunn’s behavior.

“You could see the guilt in his eyes. He knew like, ‘Oh, I’m done,'” Mr. Coleman told the station.

The trio, who describe themselves as “predator hunters”, said they created a fake profile on the Meet Me dating app and posed as teenagers for several weeks to prey on local men trying to meet minors. girls for sex.

It was claimed that Lunn became involved with the so-called teenage girl late on May 28 – the night before he allegedly arranged to meet.

“They had a short conversation and he asked how old she was. The girl told him she was 15 years old,” Mr. Coleman, who claimed he was pretending to be a teenager, told NBC 6.

“He was like sending her pictures. He spoke as if he wanted to do it to her,” he continued. “Vivid things I can’t say on camera.”

When the news presenter arrived at his home for the meeting, Mr Coleman said he quickly fled after being alerted to the attack by the trio.

“As Bill was running away, he shouted, ‘I’ve got a wife and kids,'” Mr Grigsby said.

“I’m sitting there while he’s running away, like in my head, ‘How can you say that when you literally walked into a house expecting to meet an underage teenager?'”

Lunn’s lawyer Dhu Thompson said Publication that the journalist “vehemently denies” the allegations against him.

“Our preliminary understanding is that this incident was not the result of a law enforcement investigation, but was conducted by private individuals,” Mr. Thompson said in a statement.

“Our main concern at this time is for law enforcement to receive all the evidence regarding this incident so they can conduct a thorough and complete investigation. Mr Lunn has cooperated with authorities and strongly denies any allegations of wrongdoing.

“We hope that after a thorough review of all the evidence in this matter, Mr. Lunn will be proven innocent and cleared of all charges.”

Lunn started working at KTSB in 2019 and was promoted to news director last August, according to his LinkedIn profile.

The television station launched an internal investigation immediately after learning of the incident outside his home last week.

“His resignation took effect immediately on Monday,” the media reported.

So far, no charges have been filed against Lunn or the men involved in the attack.

Publication contacted the local police but did not immediately hear back.

This story originally appeared on The New York Post and is reproduced with permission

Leave a Comment