Within Devs Launch Dayindependent studio Land and sea—the BAFTA Award Nominated the development team behind the highly acclaimed Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey— have just announced their long-awaited novelty an adventure–puzzle the game Summerhill.
The website and Steam page were also unveiled in conjunction with the announcement, which also featured a teaser trailer. Although the team is actively working on the game, they have not given an official release date yet.
Introducing Summerhill, a brand new game from the developers @altosadventure.
Accept the call of a young shepherd and their faithful dog as you work together to reunite your lost flock in this timeless coming-of-age folk tale.
Wish list game here: https://t.co/6M9dPL52r4 pic.twitter.com/qx34zZgd8t
— Land and Sea (@landandseagames) June 8, 2023
Summerhill brings gentle problem-solving, fluid pastoral-based gameplay, and stunning pastoral landscapes
You play as a young shepherd and their dog in the puzzle adventure game Summerhill. Together, explore the mysterious, long-forgotten world that lies beyond the borders of your country to save your sheep. To deliver a timeless coming-of-age folk tale, Summerhill combines laid-back problem-solving, fluid herd-based action, and beautiful pastoral scenery.
Key features of Summerhill
- Play as a young shepherd who ventures into the unknown to find his missing flock with his dog.
- You have to herd, separate and corral your sheep using antiquated devices to discover secret passages and continue your adventure.
- Create a bond with your dog and work together to solve increasingly challenging puzzles.
- Explore the historic pastoral setting and uncover the secrets of its long-forgotten history.
- Experience a timeless wordless story with themes of morality, obligation and companionship.
Summerhill is currently under active development and the development team has not yet revealed an official release date for the game.