As we correctly predicted in Notice Mewtwolegendary Mewtwo would really come for free. According to reliable dataminer ElChicoev, who also revealed leaks of Mewtwo’s moves and gameplay, the Pokémon could be obtained through an event called The Crystal Cave event in Pokémon Unite 2nd Anniversary. Let’s take a quick look at what Mewtwo and the second anniversary event have to offer.
Pokémon Unite leak: Mewtwo gameplay and Movesets revealed
First, it is revealed that Mewtwo X would be melee all-rounderwhile, Mewtwo Y would be ranged attacker. There was a lot of uncertainty about how Mewtwo X or Y would appear. Despite all the speculation, ElChicoevee revealed about the Pokemon’s gameplay and moves:
Ability: Pressure (10 second timer)
Mewtwo has Mega meter which recharges when it deals damage to an opposing Pokemon with its basic attack. The more the meter increases, the more Mewtwo’s Attack, Defense, and Sp. Defense Increases (Mega X) or Mewtwo’s Sp. Attack and base attack speed increases (Mega Y).
— Eevee (@ElChicoEevee) July 1, 2023
Mega evolves when it is Mega Gauge becomes full (at level 5 and above) for a short time, increased theirs Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense (Mega X); Sp. Attack and Base Attack Speed (Mega Y) even longer. Their movement speed also increases when Mega Evolves.
Other moves (at Espanyol)
- Confusion (Confusión) (Learned when level 5:)
- Psystrike (Then Mental)
- Looking into the future (Slutnja)
- Barrera (Learned when level 7:)
Unite Move: Infinite Psyburn (CD: 112 seconds) (Learned at level 9)
Mewtwo damages all opposing Pokemon on the map, has AoE damage and incapacitates them. Mega Mewtwo X lowers the opposing Pokemon’s Defense for a short time, while Mega Mewtwo Y lowers Sp. Defense.
How to get Mewtwo for free in the Crystal Cave event
As with Zacian unlock event, getting Mewtwo would also require a dice roll. Here’s how the event could look like ElChico’s.
- When players log in during the event, they can get up to Mewtwo Cubes per day. They can roll a die to increase the number of squares rolled. They can only have one log-in cube at a time.
- If players are not happy with the number you rolled, they can reroll the die using Aeos coins. If they roll again, you will get a higher number than the previous one. Each die can be rolled a maximum of twice.
- Landing on a square will unlock tile missions with varying difficulty levels based on the square number. You cannot roll the next die until you complete one of the tile missions of the square you are currently on.
- Once you reach the point on the map where the path branches off, you can choose which direction to go, and there is a certain chance to get more rewards if you choose the path with tile missions that have higher difficulty levels: Mewtwo X Cave Coin (with ): % X Cave Coin(s): %
- If you land on a lucky square, you will be able to advance by the number shown on the lucky square.
- Cubes can be obtained by logging in daily, as well as exchanging event points earned in Panic Parade for cubes.
- If you have more than one die, you’ll roll the die you get with your login first.
Also revealed is the upcoming holowear and Battle Pass
The news is that the next Battle Pass will feature Zacian and Greedent. The theme would be pirates. Several others holowears are also coming until September, which include:
- Theater style Sylveon
- Martial Arts Style (X): Mewtwo
- Martial Arts Style (Y): Mewtwo
- Special Style (Navy): touch
- Tuxedo style (blue-green): Buzzwol
- Orange Unite Style: Pillowy
- Purple Unite Style: Pillowy
- Band Style: Dragonite
- Band Style: Inteleon
- Wizard Style: Chandelier
- Captain Style: Zacian (battle pass)
- Captain Style: Lucario
- The singer’s style: Lapras
Rest assured, we will publish the guide once Mewtwo Crystal Cave Event arrives.
What are your thoughts on the Pokémon Unite leak of Mewtwo’s movesets and its event? Let us know in the comments below.
For more mobile gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram group, or Discord server. Also follow us Instagram and Twitter and Google News for quick updates.